I lost my receipt, can I file a warranty claim?
No, we require a proof of purchase to verify date of purchase and that the product was sold by a reputable dealer. If you purchased the product online you should be able to download a receipt through your account. If you purchased the item in the store many retail stores can reprint your receipt upon request.
I purchased my item six months ago but I just opened the box and discovered that the unit is not working, is it still covered under warranty?
The warranty period begins immediately after the date of purchase, check your manual, if your unit is covered for 1 year (365 days) then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the warranty process. If your unit is covered for 90 days, unfortunately the warranty period has expired. We strongly encourage everyone to test all units immediately when you bring them home to avoid disappointment.
I received my item as a gift, I don’t have the receipt and I don’t know when or where it was purchased.
A proof of purchase is required, please reach out to the gift giver they may have the receipt or have access to a copy.
HOW TO DEFROST MY FREEZER:
Manual Defrost Freezer models must be defrosted manually. For best operation, the freezer should be defrosted when the frost accumulation becomes 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Below are the instructions for manually defrosting your Hamilton Beach freezer.
• Turn the temperature control to OFF and unplug the freezer.
• Remove all food and place in corrugated boxes, insulated bags, picnic coolers, etc. Use towels and newspapers for insulation, as needed.
• Remove the drain plug (on models so equipped).
• With the door open, use pans of hot water to speed the loosening of frost. Remove large pieces of frost before they melt.
• Sponge the excess water from the bottom of the freezer as it collects to prevent overflowing.
• After defrosting, clean the inside of the freezer by wiping down with a baking soda and water solution. Rinse and dry.
• Be sure to replace drain cap (on models so equipped). Return the drain tube to its position and replace the grille.
• Plug the freezer in, return the temperature control to the normal position and return food to the freezer.